System Supplied: Ceramic Microfiltration followed by Two Stage Ultrafiltration automatic PLC system.
Objective: Broth clarification – Separating microbial cells from Enzyme by Microfiltration followed by its concentration & purification by Ultrafiltration/Nanofiltraton.
End-user Sector : Pharmaceutical & Biotech
Process Description & Key Highlights:
- MF & UF Processes were installed for fermentation broth processing of proteolytic enzyme with fibrinolytic & anti-inflammatory activity commonly used for treating pain and inflammation.
- MF Ceramic plays role to clarify broth providing cell free clear permeate with > 90-95% enzyme activity recovered for enrichment in next UF process
- UF Spiral membrane offers dual role as it not only concentrates the enzyme by 30 folds but also purifies it by removing other undesired organic & inorganic broth components.
- We offer for integrated MF, UF system running continuously along with NF/RO system at the end that processes UF permeate recovering good quality water for reuse.
- In built process control helps to maintain steady state flux during entire operation completing batch in stipulated time.