COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR TREATMENT OF LAUNDRY WASTEWATER BY PERMIONICS DAF-UF-RO MEMBRANE TECHNOLOGY
Industrial laundries clean a variety of different articles which produce different effluent. In typical industrial laundries, two-thirds to three-quarters of the laundry will be relatively easily cleaned articles such as clothing, linen, bath towels, etc. The remaining quarter to one-third of the laundry will be substantially dirtier articles, such as shop towels, mop heads, and so on. A typical commercial laundry operation will consume on average 250m3/day of potable water and discharge approximately 200m3/day of polluted waste water. Consequently, the recycling of commercial laundry waste water has become a necessary requirement to aid in the reduction of oper1ational costs and meet regulatory standards.
Water analysis shows that the discharged waste water stream is composed of grease/oil, COD, BOD, lint, TSS, TDS, detergents and surfactants. With the non oily effluent produced from washing clothing and the like, relatively little treatment is required to meet these requirements where filtering the total suspended solids using a shaker screen produces an effluent which is suitable for disposal directly to a sanitary sewer. However, this treatment is not effective for an oily effluent along with suspended/dissolved solids, COD & BOD. Conventional methods used for laundry waste water treatments namely precipitation/coagulation and the flocculation process with adsorption on granular-activated carbon (GAC) are not selective and does not give the desired water quality.
To overcome these issues and to provide complete solution for treating laundry waste water, Permionics Membrane Pvt. Ltd offer DFA-UF-RO system that provides water of quality that met the required regulation for reusing in washing process. Permionics has developed and installed such system successfully with ability to treat waste water at high temperature (80°C) and giving 75-80% of water recovery for recycle back in to laundry process.
Key Features of Permionics System for Laundry Wastewater treatment:
- Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) removes oils and suspended solids by using air to create a blanket of sludge at the surface of a flotation cell. The outlet of DAF is subjected to HF-UF process.
- HF-UF membrane is very unique and is capable to handle oil/grease and also stable at high temperature 80°C that suit for laundry waste water stream perfect. It will remove the suspended solids and turbidity and provide better feed for the next RO process. Deploying UF prior to RO will also improve the life of RO membrane.
- Our proprietary HPA RO membranes have high COD/BOD tolerance, high flux, improved hydrophilicity & higher chlorine and temperature tolerance providing maximum water recovery from wash water. RO will remove TDS, COD & BOD and provide good quality water to recycle back in to laundry proces
- The entire DAF-UF-RO system would economical and the pay for the system would typically be one to two year only.
- System is compact and requires less space e.g. 15mcube/h plant comes in 40 feet container (excluding DAF).